Wednesday, June 12, 2013

"Brain Mush", Should Be Recognized as a Medical Condition. It is Completely Justifiable

So tomorrow is the last day of FINALS and I am not freaking out as much as I should be. I think my brain has finally given in to the temptations of summer and so now, it is officially mush. I don't think I have the will power to study anymore tonight because I am so... out of it. But I must not give up, especially not on the last day of Finals, which I might add, is the last day of SCHOOL. That brings me to another topic:

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF MY SOPHOMORE YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL!

That really amazes me. A short time ago, I was an awkward kid who felt awkward because of the awkward first days of sophomore year which I consider to be the "real deal" of high school, by the way. I was afraid of my seemingly intimidating teachers and I was also very fragile because I was stressed out about all the work I had. Now, it's been a little easier because I cut out some things from my schedule.

In other news: yesterday I attended an orientation for my HP English and HP History class next year, but I was late to it. Do you know how bad I feel about doing that? I know I left a terrible impression on the my new teacher and I was surprised he didn't revoke my spot in the writing program I am in when I walked through the door. He said nothing to me, however, I was yelled at by the AP teacher for being late, and my excuse was terrible. I told her that I went to go get lunch (which was true, I can never tell a lie) with my friend. I am totally to blame for being late, too. I convinced her that we wouldn't miss anything or have anything bad happen us if we were late. What makes matters worse is that my current teacher (well, until about eight hours ago) asked me what my opinion was of my new teacher, and I think he did that on purpose. The other teachers might have told him about my tardiness and asked him what kind of student I am and he probably had to talk me up as a good student so that the new teachers won't have second thoughts and now I will have to work twice as hard and--

I am freaking out. 

*Takes deep breath, begins to think rationally* I won't go into anymore details about that but I just know that I will be apologizing to him tomorrow before school lets out. Hopefully he won't do that thing adults do when you try to apologize about something and they accept your apology yet they after accepting, they end up saying: "But..." after it. Can't you just take my apology without threatening me? I know screwed up this time but I am smart enough to not let it happen again. If it does happen again, then it's an accident. You don't have to threaten to take something from me to prevent it happening again.
Oy vey, my head hurts. I think I need to take another five hour break. Then maybe I'll get back to cramming-- I mean "studying".

Until next time folks,
- burgers

No comments:

Post a Comment