Monday, July 22, 2013

Finals Flashback

It's three in the morning right now but for some reason I felt I needed to post something else on this here blog for you all. I am supposed to be somewhere at nine in the morning. This shows you how crazy I am.

I scrolled through my posts and as I was scrolling, I realized that I never updated you on how I did on my finals! I shall do that soon but before I get to that, I want to "get some things straight":

I will never, EVER post about information about my actual grade markings in school. 

I might talk about how I get what I will perceive as a  bad score on an essay or a high score on a math test (I will the day that happens) but I cannot talk about any final grades I receive (as in semester grades or marking period grades) because I believe that piece of information to something for me to keep to myself-- like my name, number, address, blood type, etc. This "promise" to myself will be hard to follow though. I might occasionally have a few blurbs but please, I don't want things like this to be shared with people I am not that close to. Don't take it personally; you'd do the same thing if you were in my condition. Also, although this is a blog, I am not comfortable--nor do I have to--share every single detail of my life with you. Blogging is a form of journaling, but it isn't my very own journal.

I got this idea from another blogger on here. I am not going to say who because I think that I would have to ask permission to put their name out there. That doesn't make any sense because they are a blogger and there should be no reason why the wouldn't want their name "out there". Anyway, screw logic for now and just try to follow what I am saying. It's three-- four o' clock in the morning. 

Now for that update on how I think I did on my finals. 

Well, finals last semester were... serious. I don't mean that they weren't serious before, but I mean that I actually took them more seriously than I did last year. How and why did this happen, you ask? Well, this year (Sophomore Year) was the year my teacher became more serious about school and started to crack down on the laggers. I sometimes call this year the nitty-gritty year because it's the year where puppy dog eyes and lame excuses won't get you an A in your class (I've tried the puppy dog method numerous times on my teachers this year and it never worked) and the work you do actually does matter to the colleges. It is the year of developing GOOD HABITS and sticking with them or finding out which methods of going about things works for you. 

The finals my Sophomore Year were not challenging, but they were difficult to get through because they required a lot of previously acquired and absorbed knowledge in order to be worked through thoroughly. What I mean is that whatever we learned in class ended up on the Finals. The most annoying part about some of my finals were some of the questions had been about things that we had learned at the very beginning of the semester for about five minutes. The teachers inserted questions like those because they like to see children suffer sometimes. At least they aren't like the Collegeboard-- my teachers didn't insert any trick questions that they made up out of dust about a subject no one has ever learned about before. 

I had a bad habit this Sophomore Year. I never studied everyday. I always crammed the information into my head the night before the tests. I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I am a HUGE procrastinator, and I can't help it. Putting things off to side is just what I do. I can't help stopping my procrastination nor can help stop my extreme laziness. I like lying down all day and letting things pile up. It's not very often that I get to do that. So, with that, my habit of cramming most things the night before helped me but only barely. I liked how fresh the memory of information for my classes was in mind but doing such things makes me feel incomplete. 

So, I think I did well on my finals this year.I did do well on my finals this year although I crammed everything and even that wasn't enough. My grades averaged out from previous marking periods and they were so-so. Like I said before, I wasn't expecting much out of them, but knowing this little unsatisfied Taurean, I really was expecting more than I wasn't expecting. 

Just think of me thinking that I am going to get a 3.5GPA. Think of me being happy and satisfied with whatever grades I get. Now think of my getting a 3.89GPA. Now think of me being upset because this entire time, I had been really dreaming of a 4.0GPA. 

This is a hypothetical/pretending. The previous statement doesn't match my current condition with grades. 


No comments:

Post a Comment