Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sometimes, when I want to leave , I go to a special room that I call my own. A sacred place it is, and there is no other place like it-- at least not any that I know of.

After one exhausting day of completing all my duties, I walked home the way I had always gone, but something had caught my eye. I ran into a girl on the side of the road. The girl seemed uninviting: her hair was greasy and it covered her face, her clothes were dishevelled, and she was not wearing any shoes. I was brought by a mother who strongly believed that chivalry was the epitome of all things and the reason why people were born.
  "Excuse me, miss?" I made my way toward the young girl but had gotten no answer from her. It seemed like she had no interest in anything around her but the broken gravel under her. She was sitting on the ground and made no movements. I had started to wonder if the girl was even real at all.
  "Miss, are you alright?" Again, I had not been given any indication that the girl had wanted to talk at all. I had been about five feet away from her and with each question I inched closer. I had wondered what the stopping mark would have been between us to had she yet to speak.
Finally, I had thrown all chivilary rules out the window and made my way to the girl. I was closer to her than any stranger before had been close to another had been before. I crouched and met my eyes were level with her head. To me, I was in an uncomfortable position because-- well for one thing, I was out of my character to behave this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment