Saturday, January 5, 2019

Hello wonderful readers!

How's everybody doing tonight? *cricket noises ensue*

Great, well guess what time of year it is again...

That's right, you guessed it--it's Winter Break! This is probably my last one of my undergraduate career *yikes*. So I am giving you my bi-annual update on how things have been going so far in terms of my life.

I would say the highlight of this year is that I went to France. This was my first time out of the country that I currently reside in. It's an interesting experience travelling outside of my hometown, for any reason--especially given the fact that my college is in the same city or region as my hometown. Things can get a bit dull sometimes.

Things get dull in that most of my friends live south of where I am, and every, single, break I am left alone in the grayness of my cold city, while I see everyone down there partying it up with margaritas and such. My depression has such a great time with it.

I am currently in the basement of my school's museum (I know, they got some sort of money, I guess) typing in a lonely corridor on top of a marker-and-paint-ridden canvas, with boxes of colored pencils and scissors around me. It was art night here--apparently it happens every night--and usually a bunch of parents show up with their little ones. This would explain the tattered canvases.

I watched that movie "Bird Box" last night that everyone on the internet is so hyped about. It was a good movie, however, I would warn all of those who haven't seen it yet or who are intending to see it that they take a good look inside themselves before they do.

The movie deals with suicide and death, and I know these topics can be a trigger for many people, including myself. I watched it, while my sibling was in the apartment with me--they didn't want to watch it, which is fair. I believe that the concept is very god, and of course, like all horror movies, there were a couple of loose ends that I wished had been tied up a little further.

But I am not going to talk about that movie, anymore on here. I think it's pretty triggering, so I am just giving all those whom I mentioned before the trigger warning that it deals with those topics, so watch at your own discretion.

No comments:

Post a Comment